Tuesday, November 18, 2014

PINK PAINTED FAUCET


I have delt with my butt ugly kitchen faucet for the last day. I have been on the hunt looking for a different one,and have yet to find one I like....sooooo,.... let the repurposing begin...I can do this!.... 


I went to the auto paint store and had Annie Sloan chalk paint color Antoinette color matched .They put it in a spray can. Cost was 8 dollars for the pink, and 8 dollars for the gold. These are full sized spray cans like you get at any other store.


Prep work consisted of cleaning the metal really well with rubbing alcohol, and then scuffing it with steel wool...I put a fan on it overnight to make sure it was good and dry.

Then all ya have to do is tape it off and spray 2 coats, letting each coat  dry thoroughly.






And here she is all done....
I E6000 glued a plastic rose that I broke off of a shower curtain hanger for the top of the handle..